Monday 14 March 2016

LUCK OF THE IRISH CUPCAKES



I love St. Patrick's Day. Honestly I love Ireland so much too. And seeing that St. Patrick's Day is the day after my birthday makes it all the more special. I love to bake Irish inspired cupcakes for my birthday/ St.Patrick's day. This year I decided to make multi-colored pot of gold cupcakes. 

I like to use the premixes for my cupcakes, as I don't have the patience to measure out all the ingredients. The Snowflake easymix packets are great for quick baking. I also use pre-made frosting because I for the life of me can't make icing!

Ingredients

* Snowflake Easy Mix Cupcakes
* 4 Large Eggs
* 400 ml Milk
* 250 ml Oil
* Pre-made frosting (Spar)
* Edible Glitter (Gold)
* Food Coloring (Colors of the rainbow)

Method

* Make the cupcake mixture according to the packet. Adding 4 eggs to 400 ml milk and 250 ml oil. Mix to combine then add to the dry mixture.

* Once blended, you will need to divide the mixture into different bowls. Try to split the mixture evenly. I decided that I wanted to have more purples and blues than red and yellows, so split the mixture unevenly. 

* Add the food coloring to each batch of mixture. If you are using a liquid coloring, don't add too much, as it will change the consistency of your mixture. Mix all the colors in properly. 

* You are then ready to fill you cups. You can add each mixture to plastic bags and then add them like that. It is easier but I didn't have enough bags so I used a teaspoon. Start by doing one color at a time. Don't worry about the colors mixing. They won't at all. 

* Once all your colors have been added, tap the tray a few times to release all the air bubbles.

* Bake for 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven of 180 degrees C.

* When they are done, take out and let them cool totally.

* For the icing, you are going to take normal white icing and apply it with a palette knife. You can use a piping bag but I love the rustic feel of applying it with the palette knife. 

* After the icing you will sprinkle the cupcakes with gold edible glitter. The more the better. 

* Cool and then serve. 














































































































































































































































































P.s Sorry I didn't take pictures of me icing the cupcakes. I got so into doing them and not spilling the gold glitter everywhere I forgot. 

I hope you enjoy making these cupcakes. If you have made the multi-colored cupcakes before, let me know in the comments below. 

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...