Thursday 9 July 2015

Review ~ Catrice Absolute Rose Palette

I have always loved the look of the different eyeshadow palettes. I could actually look at them all day. And with Urban Decay’s many naked palettes the only option is to set out and buy some. Now I have a few for my artist kit, but only one for personal use (from Inglot). I saw on Pink Peonies the beautiful LA Girl Nude Beauty Brick and I rushed out to Dischem to go buy one, but alas my luck was not in.  They had none so I decided to buy the Absolute Rose Palette from Catrice.


Feature

A beautiful palette consisting of 6 light and dark rose coloured eyeshadows. From the Catrice website, “Soft nudes and trendy rose shades – sometimes matte and sometimes shimmering – create a beautiful natural look no matter whether they are used solo or as a team. The supple texture convinces with a high colour-dispersion and thanks to the integrated brush, this set is also a practical travel companion.”

Quality

The quality of the product is good but the pigment doesn’t do it for me. I had to apply the light colours countless amount of times before I got a good coverage. The packaging is sturdy and the clip closes so it wont open in your makeup bag, which is a bonus. The little brush is not that bad for on the road touch ups.


Main Benefit

I love the soft pink colours and the dark shade. The dark plum blends really well once applied. I must say the product really does melt onto the eye. Very blend able.

Ease of use

The darker colours are easy to use and blend well. I did struggle with the lighter colours though.

Who would the product suit

This product will suit anyone who loves the neutral palette and wants to try a soft smokey look. I would also recommend it for someone who doesn’t have the money to but the Urban Decay palettes but I would recommend an eyeshadow primer first.

Pros

Easy to blend
Sturdy packaging

Cons

The eyeshadows are not very pigmented.

List of Alternatives

Urban Decay Naked palettes
LA Girl Rose Beauty Brick

Product Packaging

Sturdy plastic casing with a good hook to keep product from falling out. Comes in 6 beautiful colours and a double sided brush.


Price

RSP R 89.95 and is available from Dischem, Clicks and other cosmetic stores.

Rating

8/10 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...