Monday 2 February 2015

Tribute to Kady Shay O'Bryan

Kady Shay & Bayley

As I sit here writing this post, tears are welling up in my eyes. This weekend was a tragic loss for most  South Africans when Simba Mhere lost his life in a senseless car accident, caused by a fool who was drunk.  But although I am heart broken at the loss of Simba and I can't imagine the pain and anger his family and friends must be going through, I am sad and torn apart by the beautiful young woman who also lost her life in the accident.

Kady Shay O'Bryan, 29, was not only a daughter, sister and friend but a mom to a beautiful 4 year old
little girl named Bayley. This little girl now has to grow up without her mom, and this is ripping me apart.  I too am a mom to a 4 year old, and I can't imagine what must be going through her little mind. All the questions she must be asking, the tears she is crying, and the longing she is feeling for her mom. 

Kady Shay and Simba were on their way to catch an early morning flight to Cape Town for the 
J&B Met, when a drunk driver crashed into the car they were driving in. Both Simba and Kady Shay lost their lives, while Simba's dad survived. They say the good die young and never has a truer 
thing been said. 

Kady Shay and Simba
Did I personally know Kady Shay? No but I read her blog and I followed her on twitter and Instagram. The love she had for Bayley, was a love like no other. Not only was she Bayley's mom but they were best friends. 

My message is to Kady's parents, her brother, her friends and her beautiful daughter Bayley. 
Nothing I say or anyone says can take away the unimaginable pain that you must be going 
through, but I know in time you will find a light at the end of this dark and grim tunnel. And it will be Kady Shay showing you how to live a little more and laugh a little more each day. Her light was bright and that light will continue to shine in your hearts and in the memories of her. But also in the eyes of Bayley. Be strong for the little angel cause she is going to need all the support and love.

From one mommy to another, Kady Shay you will always be missed!

RIP Kady Shay & Simba!
Your memories will live on in the heart and minds of us all.


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment. She will be truly missed by all.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, drunken driver's should get life in prison, I lost my wonderful Grandpa, to a drunk man, he walked, no charges, this is not fair, I really hope that this man sits in jail for a long, long time, the justice system is not at all strict enough, until someone, who makes the rules, looses a child or a loved one as a result of a drunk as A***hole, R.I.P Kady Shay and Simba, I hope the justice system does not let you down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, drunken driver's should get life in prison, I lost my wonderful Grandpa, to a drunk man, he walked, no charges, this is not fair, I really hope that this man sits in jail for a long, long time, the justice system is not at all strict enough, until someone, who makes the rules, looses a child or a loved one as a result of a drunk as A***hole, R.I.P Kady Shay and Simba, I hope the justice system does not let you down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. These fools don't care about who they hurt as they have no regard for another's life.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...