Wednesday 22 April 2015

Time to get lost...

Have you thought about how hectic our lives are? We wake up early and go to bed late. We are continuously rushing so that we aren't late for things that are actually not that important. I know some people love that lifestyle, and I have to admit that some days it’s ok but not all day every day. And what? Are we only supposed to relax on the two days we have off? Somehow that doesn't seem to be living to me.


Lately I have been thinking a lot about really living life. Instead of buying things, I want to be gaining experiences and memories. I don’t want to have regrets when I’m 70 years old. This brings me to the point of this post. Don’t you think it’s time to get lost? Being impulsive and not buying the pair of boots (that you already have in 3 different colors, but want these cause they are in a lighter shade of brown) but rather getting in the car and driving. Not having a plan, just going where the road takes you.

I wanna take a drive to the mountains, and pick wild flowers, while the sun is rising. Or I wanna take a drive to the coast and spend all day collecting sea glass and then having a milkshake at my favorite spot in Durban. I wanna have fun with friends and family and make new friends while I’m at it. I wanna go to places I have never been too. I wanna make memories and take millions of photos that I can use to create a whole wall of photos with.

Doesn't that seem like living? Rather than working day in and day out for a boss, all the while you are dreaming about the perfect life? Time to start getting lost and doing things that you want to do. Forget about the boots and shoes, and rather use the money to make memories with your loved ones.

Do you think we need to get lost a little more? Do you think that getting lost would be good for your soul? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...