Thursday 18 June 2015

Dear Dad...

Dear Dad…


Where do I begin to say thank you for everything you have ever done for me and all the things you have done for Robbie?  Words could never describe how much you mean to me and how thankful I am but I will try to explain. Let’s start at the beginning shall we?


From what I can remember you were always there for me. I remember how I used to cuddle on your lap on the couch when mom was in one of her moods. How you were always there for me when I danced. Never missing one competition.  Then the big news came of you and mom getting a divorce. My whole world shattered, but even though I only saw you every second weekend, I always knew I could count on you.

Jump forward a couple of years, we are going through the roughest time we have ever gone through. But even though we were battling we could always make each other laugh. And we knew that if we just sticked together we would be alright. Which is what always happens.

Fast forward another couple of years and even though I have made the biggest decision of my life, you have given me your undivided support. Yes, it think you know that I was making a mistake, but I had to learn. I moved 1200 kms away but I still could feel your presence every day. You were still my rock and my anchor.


As fate would have it, my perfect life that I built would be shattered to pieces. All the walls came tumbling down. Here I was stuck with an unborn baby, who father had basically just told me to abort him, and I realised that my life as I knew it was gone. But I knew in my heart I would never be alone. Cause I knew I had you dad. Then one person I could always depend on. Even though it wasn’t your job, you stood by me and helped me through it all. For that I am eternally grateful dad.

In the last 6 years, you have been my guiding light through this storm. I don’t know what I would have done without you. You have been the Father figure I have needed for Robbie. You have also been the only person I could talk to.  I love you very much dad.  Not a day goes by that I don’t thank the Lord that I have a dad like you.

Your kindness and helpfulness never ceases to amaze me. The way you would do anything for Robbie and I. So I just want to say that I love you to the moon and back dad. Thank you for being my guiding light, my anchor and my rock. Thank you for laughing with me when life seems to be getting us down, and thank you for being the Father figure that Robbie needs.

You will never know how much you mean to us.  Thank you dad.

Love Smurf and Robbie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...