Monday 1 August 2016

LIFE LATELY

a little insight to my life lately
I have been a bit absent from the blog lately. Things have just been super hectic. You know how life goes. Being a single mommy to a very active 6 year old, takes its toll on you. I have been very uninspired and just down in the dumps. But after just putting the blog aside for a while and focusing on getting myself back into tip top shape, I feel like I am ready to get going again.

Life...

Being a single mom, with a little boy going to grade 1 next year, I have been super stressed. Choosing the right school, taking him for his admissions test, waiting for results and then finding the money to pay the hefty deposit, has made me grey. But I chose a private school because I want to give my son the best opportunities in life. The school is the best in the area we live in and I can proudly say that he is one of only 8 students from outside of the pre-school that was selected to attend the school next year. 

Going this journey of parenthood alone has been very daunting. And he has also gotten to the age where he wants to know where his "daddy" is. This has plagued me since he was born. How would I tell my son that your daddy never wanted you? How do I tell him that your daddy wanted you aborted? And how do I tell him that your daddy moved on and had another baby 6 months after you were born? 

But I did tell him. I never wanted to make up stories about where his dad was.  He was very curious but you could see his heart break (and mine in the process) when he heard that his daddy had another family. I reminded him that he is the most important person in my life and that no matter what happens, I would never turn my back on him. I would never choose anyone else above him. I think that is why I have been single for so long. I don't want my son getting attached to someone and having that person walk away. I need to know that whoever I decide to share my life with, will be there till the end. Who will accept my son as his own. 

While dealing with all this I have also been dealing with what I want to do next year. I know I want to be there for my son in the afternoon's, so I will be finding morning job and then I know my afternoon's are just for him. I am also going to be doing makeup again. Lots of weddings and matric farewells. 

Blog...

I have been going back and forth about how I want my blog to be. I am honestly tired of doing beauty reviews. Like it seems to be the only thing to do. I feel like there are so many amazingly talented beauty bloggers who have reviews covered. I know my opinion could help someone but it has honestly all become so boring! 

I have been thinking about ways that I could spice up my blog. Moving away from single reviews on one product and giving more informative posts. Posts that will include mini reviews but also helpful information for my readers.

I have also been toying with the idea to do makeup tutorials, but because I don't have the face for YouTube, I thought of doing infographic tutorials. Step-by-step tutorials of different looks. I am also planing my Halloween step-by-step tutorials. I loved doing these last year. I am also going to be doing more lifestyle posts. Think recipes, DIY and those sorts of things.

I hope that you will like the new ideas I have for the blog. I want the blog to evolve. If you have any suggestions or things you would love to see on the blog, please leave me a comment below. I love receiving feedback. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...