Tuesday 19 July 2016

18 YOUTUBE BEAUTY TUTORIALS YOU NEED TO WATCH

Beauty tutorials you need to watch


I get asked by work colleagues, my mom and other friends how to apply eyeshadow, how to contour and so on. Many times it is simple to explain but other times I find referring them to a certain YouTube video, will help them much more. I personally love watching videos on YouTube, because no matter how much you think you know, you will always learn something more. I have put together a list of 18 videos, from YouTube beauty vloggers, that will help with every aspect of makeup. The list also includes a few stunning looks for you to create! I promise I am not biased towards any of these YouTubers, they are just simply amazing and I have learnt so much from them.

FOUNDATION ROUTINE

Apply foundation as a newbie can be daunting. From choosing the right formula and colour to choosing the right tool to apply it with. Nic and Sam from Pixiwoo will help you choose the right foundation type for different skintones and Glamrs will help you choose the right foundation colour for your skin. 




CONTOURING AND HIGHLIGHTING

I find contouring and highlighting very daunting. When applied wrong and not blended in perfectly, can seem like you have mud on your face. I find Chloe Morello's contouring and highlighting video is the one that helped me a lot. She makes things seems so simple! 



EYE MAKEUP

For eyes, there are many different techniques that can be applied to transform your eyes. And there are many different videos for that, but I thought I would list the two videos that would work for everyday. The first one is by the master, Wayne Goss. This tutorial works for all eye shapes and is universally flattering. The second is a smoky eye tutorial from my girl, Jaclyn Hill. Jaclyn is the Queen of smoky eyes. 




FALSIES

How to apply those dreaded falsies? I honestly have tried numerous times and still can't get it right. Then I watched Jaclyn Hill and Pixiwoo's video on how to apply them and I am now somewhat more comfortable doing it. I do have sensitive eyes and so I have rather opted to go with lash extension. 




BROWS, BROWS, BROWS

Brows are a major thing right now and I have seen one to many people filling them in incorrectly. Think those thick, over drawn caterpillars! I use Jaclyn Hill's technique to actually grow my brow, that how great her technique is. I have also included Pixiwoo's technique of using soap to get a more natural brow. 




LIPS

With the new liquid lipsticks on the market, I now shy away from lipsticks even more. More out of fear of looking like a clown. I have watched numerous tutorials but I never seem to get it right. But have no fear NikkieTutorials has an excellent tutorial for liquid lipsticks and MakeupByAlli is great for girls like me who shy away from lipstick.




BRUSHES

Brushes and their uses are daunting. But my southern gal, Mallory Ervin explains in detail all the brushes you need. Some of the brushes might not be available here, but you can get similar brushes in Dischem or online. 


Looks for you to try...

GLAM MAKEUP




EVERYDAY MAKEUP



DATE NIGHT MAKEUP



NATURAL "NO MAKEUP" MAKEUP



ROCKER MAKEUP



BRIDAL MAKEUP


I hope these tutorials help you gain confidence in applying makeup and also give you inspiration to try different makeup looks. Beauty is meant to be fun. Learn the rules and them break them.

Do you have any other tutorials that have helped you? Do you follow any of the beauty vloggers above? Let me know in the comments below. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...