Wednesday 29 July 2015

Review ~ Sorbet Pore your heart out facial cleaner

We have all heard about the Clarisonic facial cleaning brushes and the wonders it does for your skin, right? I have drooled over this brush for many years but unfortunately for us in SA, it wasn’t available here. Unless you were willing to buy it from overseas. When it eventually came to SA this year, I thought yay, then saw the price and went nay.  I get it works but for that price, never. So I found a great alternative, the Sorbet Pore your heart out facial cleaner.


Feature

The Sorbet Pore your heart out facial cleaner is a mechanical facial cleaner that will help keep skin free from dry, flaky skin and keep it clean. Comes with 3 different brush heads to suit your needs.

Quality

When you first buy this little blue dolphin, as Robbie calls it, you wonder if it will compare to the Clarisonic, but once you start using it all doubt vanishes. The quality of the product is so amazing, I would actually have paid more for it. It doesn’t feel cheap at all and with 3 interchangeable heads, this was a great deal.   You can also buy replacement brush heads from Sorbet. (It is suggested you do this every 3 months.)

Main Benefit

If like me you hate applying face masks and waiting for it to work, just to be able to get the dead skin off your face, then this is definitely for you.  I also don’t feel like my normal facial cleaner was doing its job which is why I wanted something that would help.

There are 3 different brush heads: 1. Silicone (for people with sensitive skin), 2. the daily cleansing brush (for daily cleaning) and 3. the exfoliating brush (for deep exfoliation).

I vary between the sensitive one and the normal one. Sometimes my skin feels like it is a little more delicate then I would rather use the silicone one. I use makeup wipes to remove my makeup at night, then go in with my brush to really clean my face. I also use it in the mornings.  I use the deep exfoliation brush once a week, to really give my skin a deep clean.


Ease of use

This brush is super easy to use. Just decide which brush you want to use and then it clips on as easy at that. The brush has 2 buttons, one to switch it on and the other to change the rotation of the head. It is fully waterproof, so you can take it into the shower with you. Cleaning it is also a breeze. Just use baby shampoo to clean the bristles and then dry it with a towel. I let my brush heads dry upside down, so the bristles don’t come loose.
  
Who would the product suit

This product would suit anyone who thinks their normal facial cleaner isn’t doing a good job and is looking for a deeper clean. It is also great for ladies who would like to try out a facial brush but without the price tag of a Clarisonic.

Pros

Easy to use
Quick (just 10 seconds on your cheeks and 20 seconds on the forehead, nose and chin and you are done)
3 interchangeable brush heads
No batteries (It comes with a charger with a USB plug.)


Cons

Because you are introducing a new system to your daily routine and because you are releasing all the trapped dirt from your pores, you will experience breakouts.

List of Alternatives

Clarisonic Mia 2 – R 3499
Olay Regenerist 3 Point Cleaning System – R 350
Clinique  Sonic Cleansing Brush – R 1600


Product Packaging

A small blue hand held machine, which comes with a handy stand and place to store 2 brush heads. It also comes with a charger.

Price

RSP R 279.00 from Clicks and Sorbet stores nationwide.

Rating

10/10

I love this brush and will definitely keep using it for a long time. In the beginning there were breakouts on my chin but I stuck with it. My breakouts cleared and my skin is better than it has ever been. I have no more blackheads and my skin is as smooth as a babies. My makeup applies better and doesn’t cake anymore.  

Have you tried the Sorbet brush? I would love to know what you think. Let me know in the comments below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...