Thursday 30 July 2015

With time we all change...

I can’t believe I have been blogging for 6 months today. I honestly never thought I would get this far. Not because I didn’t think I could do it, but because I didn’t think anyone would read it. But you have and I am eternally grateful.


Yesterday I was going through my Facebook, like really far back, to when I just started. Those posts are so cringe worthy and immature that I actually deleted a few of them. As I sat looking at the pictures and statuses, I realised how much I have grown.

The girl I was back in 2009 definitely isn’t the lady I am today. Back then I was childish, insecure and didn’t want to face reality. What I should have known was that, “Yes Shalane, he was cheating on you.” And honestly yes it was your fault, in a way. The stupid statuses and all that crap, but I guess that’s what you do when you are young and in love. I also believed that I was never good enough for anyone.

Things have changed and I see that now. I no longer take to Facebook to vent my anger or try and get sympathy. No today I am strong, stronger than I have ever been. I have confidence in myself and my abilities and I know that whatever I pursue will be a success. I no longer need a man or anyone to justify my existence or to make me feel worthy. I live for the here and now and I live for my son. I am worthy and I definitely am good enough.

So with that said, I will be making some big changes in my life and on my blog. I know where I want to take my blog and myself. I have set goals and I sure as hell am going to achieve them.  First things first, I am buying my own domain name. I will also be doing more reviews and I have a special series of posts that I am working on.

I want to thank each and every one who has read my blog and who continues to come back. Without you, I probably would have given up a long time ago. So here is to the future and everything she holds for all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...