Thursday 27 August 2015

Negativity is just insecurity!

I watched a very sad but really inspirational video of Jordan Bone, who was paralysed in an accident 10 years ago, and now has only minimal use of her hands. But despite her disability she has taught herself to apply her makeup every day. Before Jordan made this video, explaining why she holds her makeup brushes the way she does in her videos, she used to get horrible comments from viewers.  Which is the point I am getting at and the point that Jordan was getting at too. Why is there need for such negative and hurtful comments?


The internet has a name for people who like to leave hurtful and offensive comments on the things they see, TROLLS. I don’t think a better name could have been given to them. Who gives you the right to leave such comments? I know everyone has a right to their opinion but rather keep them to yourselves. As the old saying goes “If you don’t have something nice to say, rather don’t!”

And it is not just the horrible comments, but also how we judge others. Judging others on what they look like or what they wear. In us judging them, does it make us better people? Do we become invincible? No we don’t! We actually just become worse than them. It might not make your appearance ugly but it makes your soul and personality ugly.  The only reason we judge others is because we are so insecure about ourselves that we would rather break others down.

I have to be honest, I used to be like that, when I was younger. I was really insecure and super jealous of others. But through heartbreak and taking the time to rediscover who I am, I realised that I don’t need to judge. I realised that by doing that I was trying to validate myself and that it never worked. Only I could give myself the validation I needed.  I realised that it was fine to say “wow that girl is really pretty” and to know that I wouldn’t be breaking myself down if I did.

We as ladies need to stand up and be there for each other. If you have an issue with someone rather than leave a nasty comment, why not rather send them a mail and find out more about them. Find out who they are as a person, you might find out that you have more in common than you know. Why can’t we build each other up and support each other? There is no need for negative comments and breaking each other down. Rather build each other up, cheer each other on and stop being so freaking jealous. Life isn’t a competition! We are all beautiful and we all deserve to be happy.

Jordan you are an angel and a real inspiration, not only to me, but to others too. Thank you for making such a beautiful video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...