Monday 21 September 2015

Gosh 9 shades to have fun in LA palette...

A few weeks ago the lovely Luzanne from Pink Peonies reviewed the Gosh 9 shades to enjoy New York Palette, and I was totally in love. The colours looked so dreamy and purple (my favorite colour) but alas, when I went to buy it from Edgars they didn’t have stock. So rather than leave empty handed I bought the Gosh 9 shades to have fun in LA palette. This is definitely a mix between the New York and Vegas palette but oh so beautiful!

gosh, 9 shades, to have fun in LA, palette

Feature

From the Gosh website “With 9 Shades it is easy to create colourful eye looks. Fun, aqua LA eyes, chic New York nudes and bright, wild Las Vegas hues. Each mirrored compacts contains 9 fantastic shades from vibrant colours to subtle tones in different textures. They are easy to mix and match and delivers brilliant colour payoff. 9 Shades is all you need, for gorgeous, on-trend eyes. - To enjoy in New York - To have fun with in LA - To play with in Vegas”.

Quality

What a pleasure it is to work with these eyeshadow colours. They are highly pigmented and work so well with each other. The formulation seems to blend the colours beautifully with each other, whether you stick with one colour or want to experiment and try different colour combinations.

Main Benefit

This is a palette that will work from day to night. You could do the soft purple (great for work) or be wild and adventurous (great for a ladies night) by blending all three colours together. It is a fun palette, just like the city it was inspired by. Think Hollywood stars and all their glamour.

Ease of use

Out of all my palettes, I would have to say this one is probably the most pigmented. I only touched my brush to the colours and got such a huge colour payoff. Used with a shadow primer, these colours blend amazingly and last all day long. There was also not fall out when applied.

Gosh, 9 shades, to have fun with in LA, palette

Who would the product suit

This palette would suit anyone who has a bit of a wild streak and wants to experiment with bold colours. Although I would recommend it to anyone as well as getting the other palettes in the range to create even more looks.

Pros

Sturdy packaging
9 sensational colours
Great blendability
All colours work well together

Cons

I would have liked maybe 3 matte shades in the palette just to balance it out but other than that I have no cons for this product.

Product Packaging

Black matte palette with 9 shades and a magnifying mirror. (The best mirror ever in a palette)

Gosh, 9 shades, to have fun with in LA, palette


My Thoughts

I love this palette. I love the colours but really would have liked a few more matte shades. The colours blend well and you can create a whole array of looks with just this one palette. I can’t wait to get my hands on the other palettes!

Price

RSP R 210.00 from Edgars and Red Square stores as well as Red Square online.

Rating

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...