Monday 8 February 2016

SINGLE GAL VALENTINE'S DAY MAKEUP


I'm a single gal this Valentine's Day and to be honest I can't wait. So instead of getting dressed up for a guy I will be getting dressed up for me. That means I can wear the red lips and smoky eyes! I would have done a YouTube video but I am not to fond of being in front of the camera. So I created a easy tutorial for you!


Step 1

For me it is always about the prep before the application. I like to prime my eyes with Smashbox 24hr Photofinish Primer. I also apply my Olay Total Effects moisturiser.

Step 2

I always start with my eyes. To create a clean smoky eye, take a small piece of sellotape and place it on the outer corners of your eyes. This will help create a clean line and also help with fallout. 

Step 3

For this look, I used a light brown out of my Inglot palette as the all over colour. I blended this up into my crease. I then took the dark brown out of the same palette and applied that only to the outer corner of the crease. Working it into a "V" shape. I then took a black shimmer shade and worked a little bit into the outer corner to accentuate the "V". 

Step 4

I then removed the tape and using a clean blending brush, I blended out the hard edges, left by the tape. Don't worry if it looks over done you will blend more once the foundation is on.

Step 5 

Next I apply my L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte Foundation all over my face using the Real Techniques Buffing brush. Once this is all nicely blended, I conceal under my eyes using my Inglot Under Eye Concealer. Then then powder my whole face and setting my under eye concealer with Palladio Rice Powder.

Step 6

I then go in and fill in my brows. To do this I use my Eylure Brow Ink. This product is amazing. It is semi-permanent, so it won't budge. 

Step 7

I then contour my face using my Real Techniques 301 brush and my Catrice Sun Glow Bronzer. I also highlight using my Real Techniques 300 Blush Brush and my Catrice Lumination Highlighter. Using the same brush I apply my Physician Formula Happy Blush to the apples of my cheeks.

Step 8

Going back to my eyes, I tight line using my Essence kajal black liner. I also go back into the dark brown shadow and line under my eyes. I also go back in with the blending brush and blend out any other hard edges and then finish the eye look with my Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara.

Step 9

And to complete the look I apply my Gosh Velvet Touch Matt lipstick in 005 Classic Red. This lipstick is so soft and definitely not drying.


And there you have the finished look. Let me know if you will be rocking this look and if like me, you are a single gal making the most of Valentine's Day?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...