Friday 3 June 2016

VICHY NORMADERM & IDEALIA EYES

in depth review of the vichy normaderm range


In our hectic lifestyles, not only do our bodies takes strain but our skin too. From a young age, life is busy, whether it is university or your job. Many young ladies lately are complaining that they are seeing the signs of aging in their early 20’s but instead of looking after their skin, the pile on the makeup to try and cover the fine lines and imperfections, instead of targeting the skin which is the real problem.


Many say that they don’t know what products to start with or even what brand to approach for a suitable skincare range. There are really so many good brands available that it definitely can be overwhelming. I know that when I started seriously looking after my skin, I felt very overwhelmed and didn’t have a clue which brand to choose. I was cocktailing from different brands and for a while that worked for me. But in the beginning of this year I tried out the revolutionary serum from Vichy and I am pleased to say that I have found a brand that I will be sticking with till the day I die.

Vichy has many different product lines for all stages of your life. They cater from imperfection prone adult skin (Normaderm range) to skin before or after menopause (Neovadiol range). Whatever your need for your skin, Vichy has a range of cleansers, creams and serums to help protect and nourish.  I will be doing an in depth review on the products I am currently using.

Remember, “Beautiful skin requires commitment and not a miracle”. Look after your skin your early 20’s and you won’t have to take drastic measures later on in life. 

Vichy Normaderm Mattifying Foam | R185 - 150ml

Vichy Normaderm mattifying foam cleanser


When I started on my Vichy journey, I choose the Mattifying foam because my skin was really oily and created more sebum than it should. This foam is so gentle on the face and really does help stop the face from producing more sebum. After the first wash my skin felt soft, clean and comfortable. There was not tightness to my skin. This cleansing foam is great if you want a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin. I definitely suggest that you use this cleanser once out the bath, as the foam vanishes if it comes into contact with water. Wet your face and then apply with dry hands. Rinse and pat your skin dry. I use this cleanser every morning and every night, sometimes alternating with the Deep Cleansing Gel. 

Vichy Normaderm Beautifying Anti-Blemish Care 24hr Hydration | R225 – 50ml

Vichy Normaderm Beautifying Anti-blemish care 24hr hydration review


Because my skin is usually so oily, I am very hesitant to apply a heavy moisturiser to my face. The fear of looking like I washed my face in oil lingers in my mind. But this cream is light weight and melts into the skin leaving no residue whatsoever. You are left with skin that is hydrated and feeling soft and mattified. It helps fight the five symptoms of adult prone imperfection skin:

* Blemishes
* Colour Marks
* Dilated pores
* Recurrent shine
* Dull complexion

It is created with Salicylic Acid (Anti-Inflammatory and helps get rid of scars), LHA (Decreases the concentration of bacteria found in the pores and a great exfoliant), AirLicium (Absorbs three times its weight in oil) and PHE Resorcinol (Eliminates brown spots and skin blemishes left from pimples).  I apply this all over my face after I have cleansed my face in the morning. I also apply it down my neck to keep it supple. 

Vichy Normaderm Night Detox | R270 – 40ml

Vichy Normaderm Night Detox


At night our skin helps repair the damage we did during the day and to give it a boost you need to replenish your skin with creams and serums. The Night detox does just that. Enriched with Eperuline, LHA, Salicylic Acid, Perlite and absorbing powders, your skin is detoxed while you sleep. You wake to beautiful skin that is ready for the day ahead. Oily skin unlike other skin types, creates more sebum at night and instead of waking up with healthy looking skin, our skin looks dirty and oily.  Researching the ingredients, I found that the Perlite and absorbing powders in the cream help to soak up extra sebum that is created by the skin at night.

After using this detox for about four nights, I woke to find my skin peeling. To say I was surprised was an understatement. It was like I had been in the sun and my skin was now peeling. Luckily after having washed my face, all trace of the dead skin was gone and I was left with only soft and oil free skin. This cream is definitely a miracle in a bottle. When I started using it, I had a few breakouts on my chin, after applying this the first night by morning the spots had dried up and the redness was gone. I cannot get enough of this product.

Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Purifying Gel | R165 – 200ml

Vichy Normaderm deep cleansing gel review


Admittedly I didn’t need to buy this cleanser but for the sake of this post I did. Boy I am I glad I decided to buy it. I have very stubborn blackheads on my nose that just won’t go away and after using this wash for the past two weeks, my black heads are vanishing. I have never tried to push blackheads out, being too afraid that I would damage my skin but now I don’t even have to push hard and they come out. This really does deep clean your pores. The gel is enriched again with Salicylic Acid and Eperuline but it also has Totarol which is a super antioxidant and is three times stronger than Vitamin E. It is super effective at fighting acne causing bacteria. This is definitely the one product you want when you are trying to combat acne and extra sebum production that causes acne. I alternate using this was with the Mattifying Foam and use it morning and night.

Vichy Normaderm Results


My overall thought on the Normaderm range is that this is a must for anyone who suffers from oiliness and adult breakouts. I have tried numerous ways to control the excess sebum that my skin creates but this is the only effective way that has worked for me. I have been using the range for a month and I no longer have to make sure if my foundation hasn’t melted off my face by lunchtime. There are no more breakouts and I have the confidence to go without foundation on days when I don’t feel like it. As you can see in the photo above, my skin is no longer as shiny as it was a month ago and the redness in my face has calmed down considerably. There are also no more breakouts. My skin feels healthy.

The range is available from Dischem, Red Square and Clicks stores nationwide.

Vichy Idealia Eyes | R 295 – 15ml


Vichy Idealia Eyes


I have never worried about the skin under my eyes. Maybe because I have always felt that the lines are representation of how much I have laughed and loved. But when I started worrying about my skin and taking care of it, I decided to find a product that would take care of my under eyes too. The Vichy Idealia Eyes is the first eye contour idealizer that helps contour your eyes. With pure caffeine and Vichy’s DRM – Bright Complex, Idealia eyes helps fight dark circles, pigmentation, aging and wrinkles that appear over time. It also contains micro mother of pearl that helps to give your under eyes instance radiance and helps to reflect light away from the dark circles.

The applicator of this eye cream is made of silicone and applies just enough product needed for the area. After I have applied the eye cream I use my ring finger to lightly tap in the product. 

Vichy Idealia Eyes

I have tried and I trust Vichy with my skin for now and in the foreseeable future. I know that no matter how my skin changes as I get older, Vichy will have a range of products to look after my skin.

Have you tried any of the Vichy skincare ranges? I would love to hear your thoughts on the products and if you, like me, have found that Vichy is definitely a brand to stick with. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...