Monday 4 January 2016

BEAUTY ROUTINE 2016


Happy New Year loves. With 2015 being a year that brought with it trials and tribulations, I am happy to start 2016 and hope that this year will bring love and success. This year the blog will be taking some twists and turns. I will be shaking up the content and doing more DIY as well as recipes. This is after all a lifestyle blog first and foremost. I would love to hear your opinions as to what you would love to see on the blog. There will also be beauty, that is a given. So lets kick this year off with my beauty routine for 2016! 


Prep 

As always starting with great prep will ensure that your make stays in place. To do this I will be sticking with my Inglot Under Base Primer. This has been my go to for years and is the only primer that works with my oily t-zone. Maybe this year I will find one that out shine this one. For my eyelids I will be using my Smashbox 24hr Photofinish Shadow Primer. There is no other eyeshadow primer that keeps my makeup looking stunning. 

Foundation

Last year I tried a few different foundations but I always seem to be coming back to one particular foundation and that is my Rimmel Match Perfection. This foundation matches my skin tone perfectly and leave my skin feeling like there is nothing there.

Concealers

Having had time to give my face a rest these holidays (no makeup worn at all), my face has cleared up and I don't need that much concealer. I will be sticking with my Inglot concealers as they are the best I have found. 


Powder

I have been using the Palladio Powder for a while, and although it works, I still need more by lunch time. So I will be using my Kryolan ultra setting powder. This powder is amazing and last the whole day. No need to reapply at all. 

Eyeshadows

This is starting to look I will only be using Inglot products but I can't help it I love their products. Their freedom system has always been my go to eyeshadow, as it stays in place and is super blendable. I will stocking up on more of their amazing colours and trying new looks.

Mascara and Liner

This has been a cult favorite this year so I had to give in. My go to mascara will be the Maybelline Lash Sensational. Firstly I bought it because I love the color of the tube and then I fell in love with the formula. Maybelline will always be the leader in great mascara's. For liner I am sticking with my Smudge Gel pencils. These babies are amazing and the colour payoff is amazing. And they are super cheap at Clicks.

Tools

A good artist always need great tools. I have come to love Cala brushes so much. They don't shed any hair and are affordable. Another tool that I have been loving is the UBU beauty blender. I love this blenders as it is super soft and feels exactly the same as the coveted beauty blender at a fraction of the price. 

And that is my beauty routine for the first few months of the year. I haven't changed a lot but with this heat I will definitely be doing my makeup very lightly. Remember to comment below and tell me what you would like to see more of this year. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...