Wednesday 6 January 2016

GRATITUDE JOURNAL

The new year is all about making resolutions but after losing someone close to me in December this year. I have come to realise just how important it is to cherish every moment. I also realised that in this busy rush of life, we take so many things for granted. I was never the girl who had a diary or journal, cause I was always too scared to that someone would read it, but I wanted to create a gratitude journal. Something I could look back on at the end of they year and be thankful for. 
I couldn't find one that I liked so I thought I would but a normal note book and create my own. I hope you enjoy this tutorial but if you don't have the time to make one or aren't a fan of DIY, keep your eye on the page as there might be one in the blog birthday giveaway happening soon!

What you will need:
* Notebook (Any plain design notebook will work)
* Pieces of drawing paper
* Pencil
* Metallic Sharpies (You can purchase them from any stationery shop for about R 100 for 3)

How to make it:

* You will need to create the design for your cover. You can create any design. I went for the word Gratitude. It took me a few times before I got the font I wanted.

* To get it on the front cover, you will need to either used transfer paper or you can create your own transfer paper by shading in the back of your drawing with your pencil.

* Transfer the design onto the front cover of your journal.

* Taking your favorite color sharpie or the one that works best with the color of your notebook, lightly trace over the transfer. I say lightly because you don't want any mistakes when you are working with the permanent markers.

* You can now go over your design, making the font bolder and giving certain letters flair.

And voila, your own personalised gratitude journal. You can personalise it more with washi tape and stickers. That is the fun of revamping something, you can always give it your own flair. 
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have tried this out, why not send me a photo on twitter, I would love to see them. Or comment below and tell me what you are thankful for this year.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...