Thursday 9 June 2016

SIMPLE FOUNDATION ROUTINE

My foundation routine


No matter what time of the year it is, I don't like my foundation to be full coverage. I like my foundation to feel like a second skin. I must be able to touch my skin and not have it transfer onto my hands. I have found that a lot of liquid foundations sit on top of the skin. I cannot stand that and have been searching for a foundation that is light weight and "melts" into my skin. I have also been changing up the techniques I use to apply my foundation.

After trying numerous different foundations, I have found one that I am truly happy with. The Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse is a brilliant foundation, if you like me, don't like a full coverage foundation. It applies light and can be built up to a semi medium coverage. Because it is a mousse, it is light weight and doesn't cake on the skin. I have read other bloggers who say that this foundation doesn't last, but I have to disagree. My skin is oily and this is the only matte foundation that stays on my face all day long.

The Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse comes in 8 different shades and is available from Maybelline counters nationwide for R 145.00

My foundation routine using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and Real Techniques brushes


The technique I use to apply my foundation involves using my Real Techniques buffing brush to buff in the foundation. I use small circular motions to gently buff in the foundation. I work my way from the center of my face where I need more coverage to the outer edge of my face where I need less coverage. 

I first apply a thin layer, making sure to cover the entire face, then I go over the parts of my face that need more coverage. The buffing technique helps to melt the foundation into the skin, thus making sure my face is touchable and the foundation doesn't transfer. 



Sometimes I use my UBU beauty blender to give my face a sheer look on days when I know the temperature will be higher. I also like use my beauty blender to apply concealer when I need it. 

This is the technique I use to apply my foundation. Have you found a technique that works for you when applying your foundation? I would love to know what it is. Let me know in the comments below. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...