Tuesday 21 June 2016

MAKEUP BRUSH BASICS - FACE

Makeup brush basics for your face


Last week I explained the brushes you would need for your eyes. This week I show you the brushes that you would need for your face. These are the brushes that will help make your foundation apply smoother, and your contour look on fleek. Remember these are recommendations and you definitely don't need to buy them all. 

Real Techniques Buffing Brush

Real Techniques buffing brush


We all want foundation that looks like second skin and definitely not caked on, right? The best brush for this is the Real Techniques Buffing brush from their Core Collection. It buffs foundation into the skin and gives you a flawless finish. This brush works with any type of foundation, from creams to liquids and even mousse foundations. 

Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush

Real Techniques pointed foundation brush


I promise this isn't a post to promote Real Techniques brushes but when it comes to face brushes they really are the best. The Real Techniques Pointed Foundation brush is also part of the Core Collection and amazing as a concealer brush. The head is small and with the pointed edge, you can get in under the eyes and around the nose area. 

Real Techniques Contour Brush

Real techniques contour brush


Last Real Techniques brush I promise. When you are starting out with brushes and contouring, you want a brush that will apply the product the hollows of the cheeks as well as blend it out. This contour brush does just that. It is sturdy and soft at the same time. Using swirling motions you can buff in the product you applied to give you a beautifully blended contour. This brush is also part of the Core Collection.

* I would definitely recommend the Real Techniques Core Collection to anyone starting out. The whole set is reasonably priced and the brushes will last you a lifetime.

Cala Angled Contour Brushes 302

Cala angled contour brush 302


Cala brushes have been a long time favorite of mine and I have many of their brushes. When I apply blush and highlighter I like to use an angled brush. I feel that you get more control over where you apply the blush with an angled brush. I know a lot of people say that you should use a fan brush to apply highlighter but again I feel with an angled brush, you can place exactly the right amount of highlighter on the tops of your cheeks. 

Cala Deluxe Powder Brush 301

Cala deluxe powder brush 301


I love using a loose translucent powder to set my foundation, and the best way to apply that would be with a fluffy powder brush. This one from Cala has the softest bristles and feels like silk gliding over your face. This brush also works well with solid face powders. 

* Cala brushes are sold at Dischem stores nationwide

I hope you enjoyed these posts on the different brushes. These are only my recommendation and the brushes that I would buy if I was just starting to use makeup brushes. These are not set in stone but are just a guide line for when you go out and purchase brushes. 

Let me know in the comments below if you have used these brushes and if there are any others you think that I should know about. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...