Wednesday 18 March 2015

A Million Admirers

"She didn't want a million admirers, she just wanted one. And she got it. Maybe she wasn't loved widely but she was loved deeply". We we have all heard this quote from John Green's book the Fault in our Stars, but have you taken it into context? Have you thought about what it means? Every time I watch TFIOS, I linger on the meaning of that sentence.



Hype of being desired by many...

I've seen it so many times, not only with girls I know, but also in the media. These young girls dressing provocatively and wearing way to much makeup. This all in the bid to see how many guys attention they can get. Where is their self respect? When I was brought up, there was no way in hell we were even allowed to wear all these skimpy outfits. We were taught to have respect for our bodies, and to not sell ourselves short. But that doesn't seem to be the case these days.

I'm not claiming to know all about self respect but I know that I will never dress in slutty clothes just to get the attention of a man. I will also not throw myself at a man. Girls and ladies who do this, are basically telling men, that "Hey, it's ok to use me and treat me like shit, cause I do it to myself!!" and it shouldn't be like that. Do you really think any guy sees you as marriage material if you keep disrespecting yourself like that? No matter what guys say, they want someone they can bring home to meet their family, and by dressing like you are going to a club, no guy will ever want to bring you home.

I know you are saying "The way I dress has nothing to do with my personality" but that's where you are wrong. It's the first impression that lasts. I'm not saying don't be sexy for your man in your own private time, I'm just saying don't dress like a whore in public. Also stop with the layers and layers of makeup. If you regularly clean your face, you won't have to wear all that makeup. Men like natural not caked on!

Getting back to the point of this post, as much as you want all the attention from guys, don't you think that having the admiration of just one special person, outweighs all the fake attention from a million guys? Don't you want to be loved deeply like Gus loved Hazel?

Call me old fashioned but I believe in soulmates and monogamy. I just want to love one boy and I want one boy to love me. I want that instant connection, that spark of energy running through us. I want to be able to sit with him for hours doing nothing, but feel like we shared everything. Has that life passed us? Is it all about going from one person to another? I read a quote the other day that made me sad, "You are either in a relationship to break up or get married". It's like you will either spend and waste months with someone only to break up, or if you are lucky enough you will spend the rest of your life with them.

I know, I sound like a bitch, but I just want us women to be treated with more respect and the only way we can do that is by treating ourselves with respect. Only once we do that, will be able to find our one true admirer. The one person to share our soul with. The one guy who will love us deeply and till the end of time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...